Hoka Clifton 3 Road Running Shoes - Men's
Kick up the cushion on your next run. The Hoka Clifton 3 is a fan favourite thanks to its light frame and streamlined features. An early-stage Meta rocker gives you a fluid take-off and efficient ride while the no-sew welded SpeedFrame upper locks your foot in for support and protection. Hoka CMEVA shock absorption and strategically designed outsoles carry you over the concrete with a cloud-like feeling.
- Uppers are ultra-light, no-sew SpeedFrames with 3 welded layers.
- Lightly padded tongue increases protection and comfort.
- Midsoles use full-length Hoka CMEVA for shock absorption and an inherently stable ride.
- Deep foot-frame allows the foot to sink deeply into the midsole and adds integrated stability.
- Early stage Meta-rocker midsoles have a shaped transition zone behind the metatarsal heads to encourage a smooth, fast transition to the forefoot.
- Outsoles provide protection in high-abrasion zones as well as overall lightweight traction and fluid ground contact.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Cushioned and floaty|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.