Burton [ak] Gore-Tex 2L Stratus Pants - Women's
Forecast calling for winter's worst? Go for these waterproof-breathable pants. Leveraging the excellence of GORE-TEX®, these slopeside slacks feature articulated knees and a performance-ready fit for intense days of riding. Specifically designed for layering, the taffeta lining slides over base layers in midwinter, while mesh areas give you breathability on warmer spring runs.
- 2-layer nylon GORE-TEX is waterproof-breathable.
- Fully taped seams keep water from soaking through.
- Lining features nylon taffeta for easy layering, mesh areas for breathability and brushed tricot areas for added warmth.
- Articulated fit accommodates dynamic sessions and layering.
- Inner thigh vents are lined with mesh to keep snow out.
- Zippered fly with belt loops.
- Waistband is higher in the back for added coverage.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
|Venting||Mesh-lined thigh vents|
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.