Let's get to it. The Vapor Svelte is made to bust through crud, lay down arcs on the hardpack and float through waist deep powder. The Kevlar core and Carbon Nano Tube technology gives it power transfer to take on wind-blown slopes and hateful crust, while an early rise tip and tail offer float when you’re out tracking champagne pow. Going up, these sticks are quick and snappy, and at 40% lighter than other (wood core) mid-fats, they are sure to have a place in your heart and in your quiver for many seasons to come.
- Carbon Nano Tube construction keeps the weight low and the stiffness high.
- Kevlar weave composite core along with carbon fiber reinforcement makes for an extremely light ski that's big-line ready.
- Nylon topsheet is durable and won't hold snow.
- The 96mm waist is great for all-around ski mountaineering.
- Early rise in the tip and tail allows floats easily in soft snow, while the camber underfoot ensure a solid grip on hardpack.
- P-Tex 5000 provides great glide and absorbs wax very well.
- 2.2mm steel edges will offer years of service.
|Ideal for||Alpine touring|
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
|Turning radius||19.8m (188cm)|