MEC Adanac 500 Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
The bike for a crosstown bike route that beats the traffic every time. We’ve teamed an aluminum frame with a carbon fork and handlebars, and added an aluminium steerer to keep strength high, weight low and brass in your pocket. A 2 x 10 groupset, more like one you'd find on a mountain bike, reduces gearing redundancies and feels natural from day one. The X-Glide technology borrowed from SRAM mountain bike components lets you shift crisply up the sprocket or down. And the hydraulic disc brake setup brings you to a shudder-free stop outside any neighbourhood craft brewery.
- Lightweight, tapered 7000-series aluminum frame.
- Carbon fibre fork with aluminum steerer and carbon handlebars keep the weight down and the ride smooth.
- SRAM Via GT components include cranks with X-Glide technology.
- SRAM Level T hydraulic brakes ensures you'll stop when you need to.
- SRAM 2 x 10 groupset is developed for urban rides and trekking.
- Big 700C wheels roll almost effortlessly, and 32mm tires provide excellent adhesion, stability and cornering. The width protects the rims and resists pinch flats.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics is developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Stem||MEC light AS-029 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||MEC Carbon Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Level T (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Level T|
|Shifters||SRAM Via GT|
|Derailleur (front)||SRAM Apex|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM Via GT|
|Crank + rings||SRAM Via GT 48-32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Via GT|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1050 10-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Continental Sport Contact Reflex 700 x 32|
|Wheel||Alex AClass CXD5|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.