The stats don't lie, an airbag system improves your chances of survival in an avalanche. Unlike a gas cartridge airbag, the Voltair uses a rechargeable battery for inflation. The battery (which is purchased separately) allows you to practice activations before heading out. It's a cornerstone of safety, and it's also a really good ski pack. Burly nylon fabric with sealed seams is fully waterproof. The lightly padded backpanel and strap system balances comfort with performance, for excellent support on backcountry missions. 30L of space stows your essentials for the day and has a dedicated compartment for avalanche gear.
- 420-denier nylon ripstop main fabric with fully sealed seams and Advanced Composition Construction coating is totally waterproof.
- Lightly padded moulded foam backpanel, shoulder straps and hipbelt provide a comfortable and supportive suspension system.
- Voltair blower provides full inflation in just 5 seconds thanks to a custom engineered and high-pressure impeller.
- 150L airbag is made of high-tenacity, puncture-resistant nylon.
- 30L of storage with airbag system fully installed.
- Large mechanical trigger is easy to grab with mitts on and can be locked out to prevent accidental inflations.
- WaterTight™ urethane coated external zippers are highly water resistant.
- Glove-friendly safety leg loop uses a wire gate waistbelt-mounted caribiner for quick transitions.
- Clamshell zippered access to the main compartment.
- Dedicated external compartment holds a shovel and probe.
- Small internal security pocket holds a phone and keys.
- Front daisy attachment straps carry skis diagonally or a snowboard vertically plus a single ice tool.
- System pulses additional air periodically to keep the airbag fully inflated in case of minor punctures.
- Single charge provides up to 8 deployments (less in very cold conditions) to practice and redundancy for secondary avalanches.
- Airbag is easy to repack and requires no special folding or packing techniques.
- Dedicated battery compartment is accessed through the backpanel. Sealed locking plug allows quick and easy removal of the battery for air travel or to swap in a fresh battery.
- LED indicator light on the backpanel shows system status.
- Lithium ion polymer battery pack recharges from a standard AC outlet. Battery and charger sold separately.
|Main fabric||420-denier ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.