One for the Himalaya, this superlight double boot features an insulated inner boot you can use for walking around base camp. The thermo-reflective outer boot layers on warmth, and a durable Cordura gaiter with Kevlar reinforcements lets you take it to extremely cold settings. Inside, a carbon fiber insole adds support, and closed-cell foam helps fend off the cold. EVA makes the midsole cushy, and TPU inserts ensure longevity. Reliable Vibram® PE rubber gives the sole plenty of traction, and the rubber rand protects the boot from wear-and-tear so you can tackle 8,000-meter peaks weekly.
- Gaiter is breathable Cordura, plus Kevlar anti-perforation fabric for durability and lightness.
- Outer boot is Cordura lined with dual-density PE micro-cellular insulating foam and thermo-reflective aluminum facing.
- Inner boot is slip lasted, outer boot is board lasted.
- Movable collar allows easy fitting and precision closure.
- Insulated removable footbed and Vibram rubber rand.
- Inner boot has water repellent, breathable upper with nylon external layer, dual-density micro-perforated foam, and structured polyester lining combined with warm fleece.
- Insole uses 5mm carbon fiber with 2.5mm insulating closed-cell foam topped with a reflective aluminum layer.
- Midsole is TPU and EVA.
- Sole is highly insulating Vibram PE with rubber toe inserts.
- Anti-abrasion rubber reinforcements, suitable for step-in crampons.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
Rubber on the toe and around the boot improves durability. It can also increase grip while scrambling.
Rigid boots with defined toe and heel welts can use compatible step-in crampons or any other type of crampon. Rigid boots with a heel welt but no toe welt can use hybrid crampons or strap-on crampons. Semi-rigid boots can use strap-on crampons only.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
|Removable inner boot||Yes|