A lightweight breathable rain shell that fits in your jersey pocket. It's designed to offer excellent rain protection and high visibility. The tradeoff is durability. It's not ideal for wearing with a backpack, but is ideal for leading the peloton on a rainy race day.
- Made of lightweight polyester with a waterproof-breathable, windproof eVent membrane.
- Fully taped seams keep out water.
- Stretch insets at the elbows, shoulders, sides and bottom spray flap are waterproof and windproof while still giving you room to move.
- YKK Vislon water resistant zipper.
- Adjustable wrist closures and silicone elastic waist band keep the jacket in place.
- 2 drop in rear pockets hold small essentials.
- Reflective trim keeps you visible in low light.
- Castelli rates this jacket as best for 6–20°C weather.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 back drop-in|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|