Add a margin of safety to ski touring and all-mountain exploits. This avalanche backpack carries your lunch, skins, extra layers, and snow safety gear in well-balanced comfort. If required, pull the shoulder strap handle, and in about 3 seconds, the airbag deploys to its full capacity, reducing the likelihood of burial in an avalanche, and making you easier to locate if partially covered.
- Aluminum V-frame and thermo moulded backpanel with anatomical padding for carrying comfort.
- Front pocket holds avalanche safety equipment so it's instantly accessible.
- Large lined pocket on top for goggles or electronics.
- Padded hipbelt is detachable.
- Removable snowboard carry straps.
- Stowable diagonal ski carry straps, helmet carrier and ice axe/pole loops.
- Safety leg loop.
- Includes pack and RAS 3.0 airbag. Refillable air cartridge is not included.
- Airbag system is transferrable to other R.A.S. 3.0 compatible packs.
- You can purchase empty cartridges online. Full cartridges cannot be shipped by mail, but can be purchased at most MEC retail stores.
- Empty cartridges can be filled at approved centres such as dive shops or paintball stores.
- Systems are individually tested by the manufacturer before delivery.
|Main fabric||420-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||1680-denier ballistic nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
|Deployment System||Compressed air|