The soul of a powder ski with all-mountain design. The Lotus line from DPS is made for skiers who live for the float. The 124 Pure3 Spoon has a forward mount, plus a flex pattern and sidecut built for mixed conditions and lighter days. Powder days are definitely not discounted – Spoon Technology in the shovel, Paddle Tech sidecut and Pure 3 carbon construction adds great off-edge control so you can go for glory in the deep stuff, too.
- Pure 3 Carbon sandwich construction gives you high performance in skis that are 30% lighter than conventional construction with 30% more torsionally stiffer skis increase your power underfoot.
- Pure aerospace prepreg carbon fibre laminate and nanotech technology for durability and power.
- Aspen wood core for reduced chatter and strength.
- Textured nylon top sheet.
- UHMW (PTex) sidewalls.
- Wide profile Rockwell 48 steel edges.
- DPS spoon technology features shovel convexity, a flat-running surface and square tail for increased control over turn shape, ability to easily mine speed across the fall line and superior off-edge control.
- Paddle tech sidecut is tapered, with flatter sections that blend at the contact points to make it a smooth, smooth driver.
- World Cup Race base keeps you in line with the pros.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.