Lightweight, extendable and converts to work in snow-moving "hoe" mode. It's strong for the weight and packs up small to save room in your pack. This version has a kit stored in the shaft to turn the shaft and your skis into a rescue sled.
- Heat treated blade fits flat in your pack to take up less space.
- Rectangular shaft and welded shaft-shovel interface construction are durable and strong.
- Slots in the shovel blade allow you to use 5mm accessory cord to build a deadman anchor.
- Extendable shaft with ergonomic grip.
- Easily converts to a hoe to move large volumes of snow fast.
- Includes a tool kit to attach shaft sections to your skis to function as a rescue sled. Fastening material is not supplied so you'll need to pack your own 5mm accessory cord (recommended) or use something you're already carrying such as webbing straps from your pack or ski straps.
|Blade material||Aluminum alloy|
D-grips provide better comfort and control but are bulkier than T-grips which are more compact for storage in a pack.
|Blade dimensions||28 x 25cm|
Maximum usable length
The maximum usable length of the shovel when the shaft is fully extended.