Minimum weight, maximum protection. Highly ventilated with a super-protective moulded shell, it's designed to keep you cool, comfy and safe on powder-seeking tours or alpine missions where breaking a sweat may be required.
- Moulded shell construction with an EPS 4D liner absorbs and dissipates shock.
- Ventilation is designed for backcountry users who break a sweat before charging down.
- Mesh barrier in the vents keeps pow from creeping in.
- Dial fit size adjustment adapts to headwear.
- Oval fit with more space at the back of the head improves comfort and yields a closer fit.
- Removable and washable liners ensure your lid stays fresh.
- Includes a helmet bag that can be worn as a backpack.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
|Snowsports + climbing|
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).