MEC Northlink Parka - Men's
MEC Northlink Parka - Men's
- Available prices Clearance price $90.00 $90.00
- Original price $225.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If its not working out like you expected, you can return it
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
This essential parka helps you combat the wet, dark days of winter. When you're venturing out to celebrate the winter solstice or just keeping warm at the bus stop, reach for this insulated winter coat. The waterproof shell fabric sheds sleet or rain. Roomy pockets store gloves and your hat. And an insulated hood keeps out cold gusts and blowing snow.
- Made of ripstop polyester with a waterproof-breathable PU coating. Seams are not taped so water could sneak in if it’s raining hard.
- Lined with polyester twill that glides over layers.
- Insulation is Hyperloft that's 50% recycled.
- 2-way front zipper has a storm flap to eliminate drafts.
- Hood is fully insulated and shockcord-adjustable.
- Lots and lots of pockets: 2 patch pockets, a chest pocket and 2 zippered hand pockets outside. Secured zippered pocket inside.
- Hook and loop adjustable cuffs.
- Drawcord at hem helps seal out cold.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Technology||Monolithic PU coating|
|Face fabric||100-denier ripstop polyester|
|Insulation||200g/sq. m polyester (body) + 180g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.