Shred with a cool head in this lightweight, shock-absorbent, ventilated helmet. The lining's removable in case you want wear a warm beanie instead.
- Half-shell hybrid construction combines a lightweight in-mould shell on the bottom with a durable injected shell on top.
- EPS 4-D inner shell absorbs shock.
- Dial fit size adjustment.
- Twin-shell ventilation keeps the air flowing through both halves of the shell.
- Washable liner is removable so you swap it with your favourite beanie.
- Removable faux-fur ear pads work with audio systems.
- Includes a storage bag.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Shell material||ABS + Polycarbonate|
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).