For park and pipe riders who live to jib and rail. Durable shell and liner won't get destroyed from tossing the helmet around or from tossing yourself around while wearing it.
- EPS foam bonded to an ABS shell for comfort and durability.
- Custom stretch fit system is self-adjusting.
- Airflow concept venting provides even airflow over entire head.
- Removable earpads are audio system compatible.
- Removable washable liner can be swapped with your favorite toque.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Elastic + interchangeable foam pads|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).