RSD Bikes Sheriff I Bicycle - Unisex
Snow overnight? Thick mud? Assorted muck? A fat bike lays down the law when conditions get totally unruly. The mega-wide wheelset powers through deep, sloppy conditions and the aluminum frame has a beefed-up rear triangle for added stiffness even under big touring or commuting loads. The 10-speed SRAM gruppo offers a wide-ranging gear ratio that lets you mountain-goat up a snowy climb and hammer through the mud pit at the bottom. Tried-and-true mechanical discs yield solid stopping power and stability, while the aptly named Snowshoe tires float over squishy ground.
- Hydro-formed 6061 aluminum frame and fork is lightweight and tough.
- Fork spacing is 150mm, rear frame spacing is 190mm.
- 1x10-speed SRAM X5 shifters and GX rear-derailleur is smooth shifting, easy to maintain and reliable.
- Race Face Aeffect crank with a 28T narrow-wide ring prevents the chain from coming off.
- Mechanical disc brakes provide solid all-weather stopping power.
- Monster-sized Vee Snowshoes tires track through deepness.
- Sealed KT hubs survive the grime and grit of winter.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||RSD 6061 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Avid BB7 (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Avid BB7|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Aeffect 28T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace BSA|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1020 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Vee Snowshoe 26 x 4.5|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.