It might look like a simple sports watch, but when it gets together with the Android Wear app and a paired smartphone, there's no telling what data or metrics will light up this watch face. By leveraging the sensors on your smartphone, it goes from basic watch to so much more. You can access GPS information, track your daily activities, and use Google apps like Gmail™ or Google Fit™. And you'll be alerted to any notifications via haptic feedback. Designed to be used with a smartphone at all times, and Android Wear app must be on your phone to work with this watch.
- Through the Android Wear app and a paired smartphone, this watch can provide GPS speed and distance information, alerts and notifications, the current time, and much more.
- Casio Moment Setter app allows even more smartphone-to-watch capabilities (Android only).
- Built-in microphone for voice control functionality (Android only).
- Offers 3 activity profiles: climbing or trekking, cycling and fishing.
- Easy to read dual-layer colour touchscreen puts control at your fingertips.
- Electronic compass provides 60 seconds of continuous measurement, allowing plenty of time to take a bearing.
- Internal barometer provides weather information with an accuracy of +/-3 hPa.
- If not connected to a smartphone, the compass, altimeter, barometer, pedometer, alarm, timer, and stopwatch functions are all still available.
- Bluetooth® 4.1 keeps you connected without being a big power drain.
- Internal battery charges quickly and lasts from 1 day to over a month, depending on modes being used.
- Doze mode: If the watch is idle for ~30 minutes, it enters doze mode and displays the time on a monochrome LCD screen and minimizes communication with your smartphone.
- Haptic feedback lets you feel alerts and notifications.
- Daily activity pattern tracks a variety of activities, giving you credit for all that you do.
- Internal memory: 512 RAM, 4GB internal storage.
- Through Android Wear, choose from 19 different watch faces to customize (not included).
- Android Wear functionality requires a compatible smartphone running Android 4.3 or later, or iOS 8.2 or later.
- Note: designed to work with Android phones, so functionality is limited with iOS.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
Polycarbonate is inexpensive and light, with good clarity and wear-resistance. Mineral crystal glass offers greater clarity and significantly greater wear-resistance. Sapphire crystal is better still for clarity and wear-resistance.
|Mineral crystal glass|
|Wrist strap material||Resin|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Vertical speed indicator||Yes|
Devices with a logging function will track and store altitude changes over a specific period of time. This allows you to track the changes in elevation and total elevation gained or lost during a climb, hike, or ride. It also enables you to track the number of runs you do on a stellar ski day!
|Heading in degrees||Yes|
An electronic compass allows the user to view their heading in situations where they are either standing still or moving too slowly for the GPS to detect.
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Heart rate monitor||No|
|Replaceable wrist strap||Yes|
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Chest strap||Not compatible|