This handheld water purifier allows you to produce drinkable water from a tap, community well, or any freshwater stream or lake. It adds the convenience of being able to recharge it from your computer, or from a compatible solar panel.
- Immerse the lamp and stir. Shortwave ultraviolet light disrupts the DNA of bacteria, viruses, and protozoa, rendering them harmless. Green indicator light lets you know when it’s safe to drink the water.
- Treats 500ml at a time in as little as 48 seconds. Disinfect twice for 1L volume.
- Up to 40 treatments per charge.
- Battery and UV lamp life is about 5,000 treatments (500ml each).
- Includes a neoprene carrying case and USB cable compatible with computers, some auto adapters and some solar chargers.
- LEDs function as small light for finding your way in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Note: UV devices are intended for treating clear water. They have been shown to reduce microbial contamination in mildly turbid water. If you are treating highly turbid water, follow all package instruction carefully and consider pre-filtering the water.
Water can be treated using various types of filters, chemicals or non-chemical purification methods, or a combination. Filters on their own will not remove viruses as they are too small.
|Shortwave UV light|
|Dimensions||13 x 3.5cm|
The life of the filter cartridge is based on the quantity of water you can treat before the cartridge is no longer effective. This does not apply to battery operated or chemical filter systems.
Effective against protozoa
Protozoa are larger than one micron and include cryptosporidium and giardia.
Effective against viruses
Most viruses are in the 1.0 micron size range, but they can be as small as 0.002 microns.
Effective against particulate
Particulate consists of very small bits and pieces such as dirt or bugs.
Effective against bacteria
Bacteria can cause illnesses such as diarrhea and dysentery and are about 1.0 micron in size, although some can be as small as 0.2 microns.