Scarpa Freedom SL Ski Boots - Men's
Scarpa Freedom SL Ski Boots - Men's
- Available prices Clearance price $594.00 $594.00
- Original price $849.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
We need some downtime. For the next 73 minutes you can browse the site, but you won't be able to checkout, update your account or view your order history. If you signed in, any items in your cart are saved. See you soon.
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only.
Created with input from big-mountain ski pioneer Chris Davenport, these stiff boots meld progressive flex with a wide range of cuff motion to create an ideal freeride and touring set up. Carbon core technology over-molds the lower section of the boot around a carbon fibre frame. The stiffness in the design improves power transmission to the ski throughout the length of the boot shell. An overlapping closure guarantees gap-free contact between you lower leg and instep for outstanding leverage that drives the big skis.
- Pebax Rnew and carbon fiber shell offers stiffness for big lines, at a weight that works for touring.
- Anatomic last is low-profile and is 101mm wide in the forefoot.
- Intuition Speed Ride liners uses resilient, warm thermomouldable foam.
- Ride Power Block can be easily locked and released for maximum power on the downhill and a frictionless 27-degree range of motion on the uphill.
- Forward lean is adjustable from 10 to 18-degrees.
- Sole is Scarpa Vibram Mountain Plus and is compatible with all AT and tech bindings. (Mountain Piste sole available separately is compatible with alpine bindings).
- 4 buckles, a large power strap, combined with an overlap construction offers progressive flex and a dialed fit.
- Dynafit certified tech inserts insures compatibility with Dynafit bindings.
- Injection technology allows for low-profile thin shells and cuffs that keep the weight down.
- Flex index of 120 provides all the confidence you need for dropping in big lines.
The boot and binding systems must match for best performance and safe use.
|Lower shell material||Pebax + carbon|
|Shell cuff material||Pebax Rnew|
Alpine Touring: with tread; compatible with DIN touring bindings. Alpine Touring Tech (Tech): with tread; compatible with G3 Onyx and Dynafit. Downhill: without tread; compatible with freeride/downhill bindings.
Forward lean affects a skiers balance. Some boots have a set forward lean angle; some are adjustable. Less lean places your knees in a more upright (almost standing) position, whereas more lean positions your knees forward over the ball of your feet.
Range of motion
The range of motion of the boot when in hike mode.
Indicates how stiff the boots are when flexed forward. Flex ranges from 50 (soft) to 130 (very stiff). Note: There is currently no industry standardized test.
The width of the interior of the boot shell across the widest part of the forefoot.
|Thermoformable inner boot||Yes|
A mechanism that allows to release the boot cuff to switch to tour mode.