MEC Tremblant Jacket - Youths
Defy anything winter throws at you. This jacket features sewn-through construction to keep the down in place and eliminate cold spots. It has a little extra insulation tucked into the places where down tends to shift (tops of the shoulders) so you stay warm all over. The water-resistant Pertex Classic Eco. material sheds light snow on your walk to the bus or handles an accidental spill from travel mug or water bottle.
- Shell is made of water-resistant Pertex Qunatum.
- Lined with polyester that glides over layers.
- Insulated with 650-fill power duck down for that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Sewn-through construction keeps the down in place.
- Shoulders are overfilled to prevent the down from shifting.
- Down-filled hood has elastic edge binding to seal out drafts.
- Storm flap behind zipper has a microfleece chin guard that wraps over the zipper.
- Elasticized wrists and hem keep heat in.
|Face fabric||50-denier recycled polyester|
|Insulation||650 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.