MEC Chinook Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Everything you need to enter the world of cruisy bike lanes, urban excursions, and living the good life on two wheels. At the heart of the Chinook lies a solid aluminum frame that blends comfortable geometry with a responsive ride. Wide yet smooth 35mm tires roll fast, but won't feel sketchy on gravel or dirt roads. On damp days or wintry commutes, you'll appreciate the consistent braking power that comes with disc-brakes. We've opted for a selection of Shimano® components and a wide range of gears to keep shifting smooth whether churning up hills or cruising country roads.
- Durable 6061-series aluminum frame with butted tubes reduces overall weight.
- 700 x 35mm Kenda Trekking tires roll fast yet are durable enough to handle dirt roads and light trail use.
- Tektro Novela disc brakes provide good stopping power regardless of weather.
- Wide gearing suits everything from steep hills to fun descents.
- Upright seated position and riser bars provides plenty of comfort.
- Flat MEC Moss pedals are easy to use.
- Women's specific saddle is ergonomically designed for comfort.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics are developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
|Stem||MEC AS-021 31.8mm|
|Handlebars||MEC City Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro Novela (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tourney|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Acera|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Tourney 48-36-26|
|Bottom bracket||FSA BB-7420ST|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Kenda Trekking 700 x 35|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Ariel|
How to measure