Catch rays in frames made from recycled fishing nets. Named after the Mapudungun word for strength and energy, the Newen sunglasses provide exceptional clarity and abrasion resistance.
- Designed to fit medium to large heads.
- Bureo (Ber–ay –o) has a goal of helping remove plastic pollution from the ocean. The frames are made from 100% recycled nylon fishing nets, which make up 10% of all ocean plastic pollution. Between 2013–16 more than 10000kg of nets were collected through Bureo’s Net Positive program.
- Lenses are made out of Zeiss CR-39®, known for clarity and the best abrasion resistance out of any uncoated optical plastic.
- Raw nylon frame has a tumbled look that will fade to a matte black with wear.
- Organic cotton sunglasses case is included.
- Lens has 15% visible light transmission.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
TR90 thermoplastic offers good resistance to chemicals and torsion. Propionate is a light, nylon-based, hypoallergenic plastic that's very strong and offers more transparency and gloss than other plastics.
Fixed tints provide a constant degree of darkness. Photochromic lenses adjust to changing light levels. Polarized lenses absorb horizontal reflected glare to improve clarity around surfaces like snow or water.
Refers to the horizontal width in millimeters of one of the frame's lenses.
Nose bridge width
The gap between the lenses, measured at the smallest point.
The length of an arm from tip to tip.
Measures the height of the lens within the frame, excluding the lens curve.
|100% UVA protected||Yes|
Interchangeable lenses let you change lenses to suit differing light conditions or activities.
|100% UVB protected||Yes|