Ghost Kato 4 29" Bicycle - Unisex
Stable and fast, this nicely specced 29er suits beginner and intermediate riders tackling tricky trails. With bigger wheels, it can roll over obstacles more efficiently than 26 or 27.5-inch wheels, and offer a more stable-feeling ride (great for newer riders). The setup also make this Kato an effective and efficient climber, so you can preserve your legs and energy on cross-country rides. It features a gorgeous selection of components: fast-acting Shimano® Alivio shifters for ripping trails or cruising city streets, RockShox fork with 100mm of travel to handle big hits and smooth out chuddery sections, and Shimano hydraulic brakes solid stopping power. Totally reliable, fun, and cleverly equipped, this is an excellent setup for long and involved days of cross-country riding.
- Aluminum frame is lightweight, durable and cost-effective.
- Shortened chainstays result in a responsive and nimble ride.
- RockShox 30 Silver RL front fork with 100mm of travel can be locked-out.
- Shimano Alivio 9-speed trigger shifters provide reliable, snappy performance.
- Shimano XT and and Acera derailleurs.
- 9-speed cassette and 3-ring crank for a trail-ready gear range.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent performance in all conditions.
- 29 inch wheels are fast and stable.
- Alex rims laced to smooth Shimano hubs are fast-rolling, reliable and tough.
- Ghost stem, handlebars, seatpost and saddle hit the sweet spot between comfort and performance.
- Michelin Country Race'R tires balance grip with low rolling resistance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and a meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 29 aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox 30 Silver RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M315 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M315 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Alivio SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Acera|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 4000 40-30-22T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM35|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Michelin Country Race'R 29 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 1353|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.