Ghost Kato 9 29" Bicycle - Unisex
The ultimate Kato 29er, this competent, beautiful hardtail suits experienced trail riders who seek value and appreciate a few of the finer things. Bigger wheels help it roll over trail obstacles with ease, while boosting its overall stability. The result is a solid ride that efficiently crushes climbs and adds confidence on tricky sections. It gets a sweet sprinkling of Shimano SLX and XT components that are equal parts reliable and drool-worthy. 100mm of front travel courtesy of the RockShox fork takes the brunt out of gnarly trails, and can be locked out for efficient climbing and hammering.
- Aluminum frame is lightweight, durable and cost-effective.
- Shortened chainstays result in a responsive and nimble ride.
- RockShox 30 Silver RL SA front fork with 100mm of travel can be locked-out.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide solid stopping power and modulation in wet trail conditions.
- Shimano SLX 11-speed shifters mated to SLX front and XT rear derailleurs provide pro-level shift performance.
- Shimano SLX 2x11 crank and cassette for a trail ready gear range.
- 29in. Alex rims laced to Shimano Deore hubs are smooth rolling, reliable and trail ready.
- Michelin Country Race'R tires.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 29 aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox 30 Silver RL SA|
|Stem||Ghost AS-M01 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M365 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M365 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano SLX 34-24T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Michelin Country Race'R 29 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 1353|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.