For backcountry travellers who are all about the tour rather than the turns. The Eon bridges the gap between classic Nordic and downhill design. A narrow platform and underfoot camber adds snap for efficient off-trail travel. For travel in rolling terrain, the deep sidecut and metal edge provide a relaxed, smooth ride.
- Triaxial cap construction weaves interlocking strands of fibreglass and carbon fibre around the core.
- Multicore synthetic core provides performance and reduces weight.
- Sidecut allows aggressive turn initiation with smooth turn exit.
- Camber provides balance between downhill performance and touring efficiency.
- Full-length metal edge increases control in varied snow conditions.
- Omnitrak base uses round spaced scales in transition zones for a smooth, efficient glide and sharp tight scales underfoot for maximum grip.
|Ideal for||Off-track touring|
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
Often called "fish scale" skis, waxless skis are designed so you don't need to apply kick wax. However, you may still want to apply glide wax for a better glide. They are a good option for those who don't like waxing, or for regions where temperatures can vary greatly throughout the day.