Shovelling aside the darkness with a powerful beam, the Icon can lead you out of dark caverns, or illuminate obstacles as you fly along a trail. Independent red, blue, and green LEDs let you switch lighting to read charts or maps without impeding your night vision.
- PowerTap goes from any brightness mode to full power with a simple tap on the housing.
- Programmable brightness memory lets you set the brightness level when first turned on.
- Regulated output keeps lighting levels consistent when batteries are new (once batteries reach about 80% capacity the light progressively dims for the remaining burn time).
- Removable battery pack (longer cable included) gives the option of putting the battery pack in your pocket, keeping the batteries warm for better cold weather performance.
- Red, Green and Blue night vision modes cover the spectrum of night vision needs.
- Dimmable mode tunes brightness levels.
- Lock-out feature prevents it from switching on when in your pack.
- Power meter shows how much juice is left
- Settings include: Full strength – in both proximity and distance modes, dimming, strobe, red/green/blue proximity, and lockout.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - low||15m|
|Beam distance - high||110m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Burn time - low||200 h|
|Burn time - high||50 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Power supply||Replaceable batteries|
|Emits red light||Yes|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||4 AA (included)|