Adidas Response + Road Running Shoes - Women's
Love your long runs in these light, springy shoes. Upper is breathable, flexible mesh for an unrestricted feel. Boost midsoles help your foot rebound efficiently and comfortably off the pavement. Outsole marries stability and flexibility for a smooth running rhythm.
- Uppers feature Coolever mesh linings to provide excellent breathability, lightness and flexibility.
- Sock-like wrap in the midfoot provides dynamic arch support.
- Boost midsoles deliver extra high energy return, retain cushioning across a wide temperature range, and stay soft and bouncy longer than EVA foam.
- EVA rim helps guide the foot in a neutral plane.
- Stretch web outsole works with the Boost to provide a smooth and flexible ride.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.