Nike Free Run Distance 2 Road Running Shoes - Men's
Go the distance in a neutral shoe with lots of cush. Nike’s Lunarlon system has enlarged hexagonal flex grooves to give you flex and comfort regardless of your distance goals. Flywire cables add support to the highly adaptable fit.
- Partial woven upper delivers durability and lockdown.
- Dynamic Fit technology uses Flywire cables integrated with the laces for an adaptive, supportive fit.
- Loosely woven fabric in the forefoot flex zone provides natural stretch and breathability.
- Soft, reengineered Lunarlon foam for a smooth transition, plush cushioning and durable support underfoot.
- Tristar design on the outsole provides tuned flexibility.
- Anatomical heel is rounded to promote a natural range of motion.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.