Simple things work best, and these soft shell pants prove it. Technical and streamlined, they excel when range of motion and breathability are essential. Our materials team worked hard to source the perfect fabric that resists abrasion while delivering performance. When climbing, it holds up to kneebars and scumming. On alpine approaches, it wicks moisture and sheds water. When the sun heats up the glacier or rock, it breathes and solves the issue of overheating when you're going hard.
- Made of stretch-woven soft shell fabric that's abrasion resistant and wildly breathable.
- DWR fabric finish sheds water and grime.
- Elasticated pull-on waist with internal drawcord is comfortable under a harness or backpack.
- Pockets feature a mesh lining.
- Tapered legs stay out of the way of your crampon points and have grommets so you can attach your own instep cords.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Short inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'short'.
- Long inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'long'.