Intense Spider Al. Frame - Unisex
A fast and flickable alloy rocket engineered for flowy trails and XC precision. The secret to its eagerness lies in the efficient suspension link system that allows for compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect mind-bending acceleration and a stiff, responsive feel when mashing steep climbs. The Foundation Build offers a selection of reliable Shimano components and buttery smooth suspension: X-Fusion Sweep fork with 130mm of travel to soak up chuddery sections, and 115–130 adjustable Monarch rear shock to smooth rowdy descents. The 27.5 wheelset hits the sweet spot between a nimble ride and a fast-rolling pace.
- Hydroformed alloy frame is lightweight, fast and strong.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System for easy maintenance.
- 148 x 12mm spacing in the rear and 110 x 15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- X-Fusion Sweep RL fork with 130mm of travel can be locked out.
- RockShox Monarch R Debonair can be adjusted from 115-130mm.
- 27.5in. Sun Inferno 25 wheels are tubeless ready.
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires are 2.35in. front, 2.25in. rear.
- Intense seatpost, headset, handlbar and stem are purpose-built for trail.
- Shimano Deore and SLX components for a reliable 2 x 10 groupset.
- Shimano M506 hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to ay MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1991.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Intense Spider 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||X-Fusion Sweep RL|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch R Debonair|
|Stem||Intense 50mm 31.8mm|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 740mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M506 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M506 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano SLX|
|Crank + rings||Shimano SLX 38-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano SLX|
|Hub (front)||Intense Tuned|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Rims||Sun Inferno 25|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.25 / 2.35|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.