Intense ACV Frame PRO - Unisex
Beautifully spec'ed for ambitious all-mountain adventures and aggressive trail, the Intense ACV (Air Cushioned Vehicle) balances big-bike burliness with XC climbing prowess. Designed to accommodate tire widths up to 2.8 inches for maximum traction, it features a uniquely designed linkage system that boost stiffness and pedalling efficiency. 150mm in the front and 130mm in the rear means it can tackle pretty much any trail you throw at it, while the solid Reverb adjustable seat post offers up efficiency whether climbing or descending. To deliver a premium, well-rounded ride, the Pro Build draws on a golden mix of SRAM X1, GX and X01 components for a light and reliable 1x11 build.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame is insanely light, stiff and strong.
- JS Tuned rear linkage system results in an efficient, stiff and balanced ride whether climbing or descending.
- RockShox Pike RC with 150mm of travel is tunable and can be locked out for efficient climbing.
- RockShox Monarch R Debonair rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- RockShox Reberb Stealth seat post with 125mm of travel.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front drastically boost stiffness.
- 27.5in+ DT Swiss M1600 Spline TWO wheels are designed for oversized tires.
- Maxxis IKON and REKON are 2.8-inch and offer excellent grip in varying conditions.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System allows for easy maintenance.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Integrated flack guards protect the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- SRAM X1, GX and X01 1 x 11 deraileurs and shifters.
- Race Face Next single crank is carbon fibre with a 32T chainring.
- SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm and 160mm rotors in the front and rear.
- Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1991.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Intense ACV carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Pike RCT3|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch RT3 Debonair|
|Stem||Thomson Elite X4 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Rock Shox Reverb Stealth with 125mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Guide RS (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Guide RS|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Next 32T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace PF92|
|Hub (front)||DT Swiss 240|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|DT Swiss 240|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1175 11-speed 10-42T|
|Rims||DT Swiss M1600|
|Tires||Maxxis IKON/Recon 27.5 x 2.8|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1600 Spline TWO|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.