A premium 29er, and in fact, one of the finest 29ers available anywhere in the world. Detailed and engineered for XC excellence, the Primer's hyperlight carbon frame and top-tier components deliver a ride that's competent, flickable and fully race-ready. At its heart lies the innovative i-BOX Pivot system for climbing efficiency and trail management. Buttery Fox FLOAT front and rear shocks both feature multiple travel positions for a dialled ride on any terrain. To top it off, this achingly gorgeous trail weapon features an SRAM 1x12 Eagle set up (yes, you read that right 1x12) a hyperlight groupset with consistently beautiful shifting, and solid SRAM Guide brakes to help keep this rocket under control.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with titanium hardware and carbon top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Direct-mount front derailleur tab allows the use of a 2x system.
- FOX Float 34 Performance Elite is tuneable and can be locked out.
- FOX Float Performance Elite SV EVOL rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- DT Swiss M1700 Spline TWO wheels are tubeless ready with SRAM XD Driver.
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires offers good grip and low rolling resistance in a variety of conditions.
- LEV Integra seatpost with 125mm of travel.
- 1x12 SRAM X01 Eagle groupset leverages a massive 10-50 cassette.
- SRAM X01 Eagle crank is carbon fibre with a 34T ring.
- SRAM Level TLM hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm in the front and rear.
- Thomson Elite stem and RenThal carbon fibre bar boost stiffness and specialness.
- Fabric Scoop Radius Pro saddle is low on weight and comfy.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1991.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Primer 29 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 34 Performance Elite|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Performance Elite EVOL SV 3 Pos|
|Stem||Thomson Elite X4 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||KS LEV Integra with 125mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar carbon 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Level TLM (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Level TLM|
|Shifters||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM X01 Eagle 34T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace PF92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle X01|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic EVO 27.5 x 2.25 / 2.35|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1700 Spline TWO|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Pro|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.