MEC Austra Rain Jacket - Women's
MEC Austra Rain Jacket - Women's
- Available prices Clearance price $119.00 $119.00
- Original price $225.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Slip on the Austra Rain Jacket for wet days running around town, a soul-restoring stroll after work, or even a day hike in damp weather. It delivers waterproof-breathable comfort without overwhelming your wallet. The fit is sleek, yet roomy enough for insulating layers beneath, and there are plenty of pockets to stash your wallet, gloves or snacks. A supple polyester lining makes this jacket soft and quiet, without the cardboard-y feel you get with inexpensive waterproof-breathables.
- Outer fabric is heathered polyester with a waterproof-breathable PU laminate and a DWR finish.
- Fully lined with smooth recycled polyester taffeta.
- Adjustable hood with separate stand-up collar shields you from wind.
- 2 large easy-access handwarmer pockets, and 2 front drop-in pockets.
- 1 internal security pocket.
- 2-way zipper makes it easy to sit down.
- Waist and hem cinch-toggle adjustments.
- Thigh-length cut for maximum weather protection.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||180-denier polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.