La Sportiva G5 Mountaineering Boots - Men's
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only.
Ultra technical boots for dynamic winter environments and high-altitude mountain routes. Their weather protection is maximized with a water-resistant Cordura® gaiter, heat sealed zip, Velcro cover and an inner water-resistant membrane. The rear flex zone aids walking on any type of terrain, and a Boa ratcheting cable lets you make fast, precise adjustments for comfort or accurate foot placements. To keep both volume and weight low, the protective edges are made of a super-light polyurethane TechLite™ while the midsole is insulating honey-combed carbon. All-in-all, the La Sportiva G5 brings together the warmth and security of a double-shell boot with the lightness and agility of a single boot.
- Outer gaiter with a stretch Cordura® water-resistant laminate provides exterior weatherproofness.
- Water-resistant asymmetric zip with a Velcro closure flap for weather protection.
- 4-layer inner boot consists of waterproof Cordura®, felt insulation, PE insulation plus abrasion-resistant inner mesh for dryness and warmth.
- Insulated removable footbed.
- Carbon fibre insole with reinforced honeycomb structure for an insulating air pocket.
- PU midsole reduces weight while creating a rigid climbing platform.
- PU TechLite™ rand, toe cap and heel counter provide full protection.
- Vibram® Matterhorn lugged rubber outsole for cold weather traction and braking.
- Step-in crampon compatible.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Closure||Hook-and-loop + ratcheting cable|
Rubber on the toe and around the boot improves durability. It can also increase grip while scrambling.
Rigid boots with defined toe and heel welts can use compatible step-in crampons or any other type of crampon. Rigid boots with a heel welt but no toe welt can use hybrid crampons or strap-on crampons. Semi-rigid boots can use strap-on crampons only.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
|Removable inner boot||No|
How to measure