Ghost Roket 5 Bicycle - Unisex
Not a race machine, and not your typical hardtail either. The Roket feels smooth like a full-suspension ride, but has the simplicity of a hardtail. How is this possible you ask? It’s the “+” in 27.5+ design. The wheels have a large contact surface to give the Roket fat-bike-esque grip with MTB low-rolling resistance. Tune the volume to launch this rocket down rooty trails and ride rough surfaces anywhere on the globe. For epic alpine rides, a 2x11 Shimano SLX drivetrain gives you the gears to grind your way to the top, and the top-end speed to shred down. If you bite off more than you can chew, 4-pistons Tektro disc brakes and massive rotors will bring the speed back to manageable.
- Aluminum frame designed for adventure riding and bikepacking missions.
- Hydroformed tubesets are beautiful and shave weight where possible.
- Frame is ready for internally routed dropper post, should you wish to upgrade.
- Tapered head tube means a wider bottom bearing than top for a responsive, stiff ride under power.
- SR Suntour Aion RC Fork features 130mm of travel and 35mm stanchions lateral stiffness.
- Boost spacing with 15/12mm thru-axle provides a stable and stiff platform for big wheels.
- TRP Slate T4 hydraulic disc brakes with mega 203mm and 180mm rotors keep things under control when you're coming in hot.
- 2x11 Shimano SLX gruppo offers the gear range to get you up and down any mountain pass, even fully-loaded.
- 35mm Ghost brand cockpit won't flex under the intense pressures of hard trail riding.
- Massive 2.8in. Nobby Nic and Rocket Ron tires can be tuned for more traction or lower rolling resistance.
- Alex MD40 rims have an internal width of 40mm, the perfect companion to fat tires.
- SDG Fly saddle is comfortable for long days.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to ay MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Roket 27.5+ aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour Aion RC 35 Boost|
|Stem||Ghost AS-M02 35mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP 719|
|Handlebars||Ghost Rizer light 35mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|TRP Slate T4 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano SLX|
|Crank + rings||Shimano SLX 34-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano SLX|
|Hub (front)||Ghost Light|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic / Rocket Ron 27.5 x 2.8|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.