Ghost SLAMR X 5 Bicycle - Unisex
Big travel and an aluminum frame join forces to create something magical: an affordable all-mountain bike that climbs as well as it descends. With its SLAMR frame, the X5 has all-mountain capability, as the slightly slacker geometry brings composure to lines that demand calmness and focus. 150mm of travel front and rear in a boon if you're looking to tackle ambitious lines. Hitting the sweet spot between fast-rolling pace and total flickability, the 27.5in. wheelset features 12 and 15mm thru-axles for flex-free, straight-as-an-arrow tracking. Outfitted with a mix of SRAM and RaceFace components, it's built to be a consistent reliable performer.
- Aluminum frame is light and incredibly durable.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- RockShox Yari RC Solo Air fork features 150mm of travel.
- RockShox Monarch Plus R rear shock with 150mm travel and on the fly firmness adjustment.
- Internal routing keeps cables protected and silky smooth.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque for greater small-bump responsiveness.
- KS LEV Integra seatpost allows for 125mm of seat height adjustment on the fly, with clean internal hose routing.
- 27.5in. Easton ARC rims mated to Ghost hubs are lightweight and tubeless ready.
- The 12 and 15mm thru-axles provides a stiff and responsive connection between your wheels and the bike.
- SRAM 1x11 drivetrain uses GX and non-series components.
- Race Face Aeffect crank with a single 30T completes the drivetrain.
- SRAM Guide R brakes harnesses the power of four pistons to keep things under control.
- Schwalbe Fat Albert tires are just as good at all-mountain riding than the rest of this bike.
- SDG Fly saddle is low on weight and comfortable for long days of trail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to ay MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost SLAMR X AL aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox Yari RC Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch Plus R|
|Stem||Ghost AS-M04 35mm|
|Seatpost||KS LEV Integra with 125mm travel|
|Handlebars||Ghost Rizer 35mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Guide R (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Guide R|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Aeffect 30T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Ghost Light|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||Race Face ARC 24/27|
|Tires||Schwalbe Fat Albert 27.5 x 2.35|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.