Ghost Powerkid 12" Bicycle - Children
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
For riders ready to graduate from the run bike to the real thing, the Powerkid 12 gets them rolling right. The included training wheels help build confidence and a strong sense of balance, and can be removed when they're ready for 2-wheeled glory. This might be a kids bike, but Ghost still opted to equip it with quality parts: a sturdy yet light aluminum frame and smooth rolling Kenda tires make this ride sweet.
- Ghost 6000 series aluminum frame.
- Removable training wheels.
- Kenda 12 tires.
- Rear coaster brake and front V-brake.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
|Frame||Ghost Powerkid 12 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.