MEC Midtown Step-Through Bike - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Our entry-level urban bike is made for commuting and travelling swiftly around town. This model gets a big upgrade to hydraulic disc brakes. If you're used to rim brakes, you'll feel the difference in stopping power immediately, and you'll really appreciate their performance on rainy days. With quality components, the Midtown is easy to maintain, and it's a reliable ride for getting from point A to point B. Outfit it with a rack and panniers and it will get you smoothly from point C to D as well. It's large-diameter wheels roll with more momentum than standard 26in. mountain bike wheels, and can handle bumps, dug-up pavement and unpaved side streets.
- Lightweight aluminum frame uses butted tubing to keep it light.
- 700 x 35mm tires are built for paved or dirt roads, paths and light trail use.
- Shimano® hydraulic disc brakes are powerful in all weather conditions.
- Wide-range gearing suits general city riding.
- Upright seated position and riser bars give you good visibility in traffic.
- Flat MEC Moss pedals are easy to use.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics were developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC 6061 butted aluminum|
|Stem||MEC AS-021 31.8mm|
|Handlebars||MEC City Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M355 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M355 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Acera|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Acera|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Acera 48-36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA BB-7420ST|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Altus|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG300 9-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Kenda Trekking 700 x 35|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Ariel|
How to measure