Brooks Launch 4 Road Running Shoes - Men'sProduct code 5051-264
Springy, well-cushioned performance road shoes. These responsive runners ride the line between long-distance shoes and fast shoes for daily training. They have a fairly neutral platform for heel striking and seamless uppers with sockliners to hug your feet.
- Seamless uppers are 3D print for structure and a smooth wrapped fit.
- Air mesh with synthetic overlays and Engage sockliners help manage moisture.
- BioMoGo DNA co-polymer foam cushions and provides better rebound and durability than conventional EVA.
- Midsoles have full-length S-257 Cushole materials, for a cushy, flexible base.
- Segmented heel crash pads cushion and stabilize for smooth transitions.
- Midfoot transition zone for a fast heel to toe transition.
- Durable HPR Plus outsoles.
- Forefoot Cush Pod, with blown rubber for extra spring.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Cushioned and floaty|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.