Hyper-light and totally waterproof, the Idro Jacket raises the bar for a high-performance cycling shell. You can stuff it into an already packed jersey pocket, and it weighs in at 123 grams (lighter than any smartphone). The miracle is the game-changing fabric that puts the breathable membrane on the outside. The unique system means the fabric won't absorb moisture and doesn't require DWR treating, yet it's still incredibly breathable.
- GORE-TEX® Active 2-layer fabric has an external membrane for breathability, waterproofing and weight reduction.
- Fully taped seams.
- Full-length water-resistant YKK Vislon zipper.
- Anatomic, shaped cuffs and hem with low-profile elastic binding for a secure fit.
- Zippered back opening lets you access your jersey pockets and doubles as a vent.
- Reflective elements for low light visibility.
- Streamlined, slim fit is optimized for the ride position.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.