Intense Spider Expert Bike - Unisex
A carbon fibre rocket with beautiful XT components that climbs as beautifully as it descends. While the Expert build sits just below the Pro level, you won't mistake this for a budget build: Shimano XT 1x11 components and brakes along with buttery RockShox suspension make this a truly special build. Explosively fast and insanely light, the weight of the frame is on par with many road bikes, but the real secret to its eagerness lies in the efficient link system that gives it compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect mind-bending acceleration and a stiff, responsive feel when mashing steep climbs.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with aluminum top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System allows for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 100x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Direct-mount front derailleur tab allows the use of a 2x system.
- RockShox Pike RC fork with 140mm of travel is tuneable and can be locked out.
- RockShox Monarch RT3 Debonair rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- 27.5in. DT Swiss M1900 Spline wheels are light and tubeless ready.
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires are 2.35in. front, 2.25in. rear.
- RockShox Reverb Stealth seatpost with 125mm of travel.
- A full 1x11 Shimano XT M8000 groupset provides crisp and reliable shifting in all conditions.
- Race Face Turbine crank is CNC machined to optimize stiffness and to shed grams.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear respectively.
- WTB Silverado Race saddle.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Intense Spider 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Pike RC|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch RT3 Debonair|
|Stem||Thomson Elite X4 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Rock Shox Reverb Stealth with 125mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Turbine 32T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace PF92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano XT 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.25 / 2.35|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1900 Spline|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Race|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.