Intense 2017 Recluse Foundation Bike - Unisex
The Recluse 275 isn't shy about chomping down on steep, gnarly, North Shore-esque terrain. A head tube angle of 66 degrees makes steep, technical descents feel solid and fun. The secret to its eagerness lies in the link system that gives it compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect efficient, smooth climbing, confident ripping and subtle arcing through corners. The Foundation Build adds a batch of reliable components to offer up a worry-free bike. SRAM NX shifters and GX rear-derailleur ensure the 1x11 shifting goes smoothly. Shimano M506 brakes keep things under control. And 27mm rims ensure performance when the terrain is weird and unruly.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame is light, strong and sharp looking.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System with replaceable Grease Zerks allows for easy maintenance.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- 148x12mm spacing at the rear and 100x15mm in the front.
- JS Tuned rear linkage result in a very efficient and balanced feel while fighting or enjoying gravity.
- Tapered head tube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flak guard protects the downtube from rock lift-off.
- RockShox Pike RC, 27.5in. with 150mm of travel is tuneable to your taste and lockable for efficient climbing.
- RockShox Monarch Plus R takes care of the 140mm of rear travel.
- Internal routing looks clean and keeps cables protected from impacts.
- 27.5in. Sun Helix TR27 rims mounted on Intense Tuned hubs are the perfect wheels for rowdy descents.
- Maxxis HighRoller II 2.3in. wide and offers excellent grip in a wide variety of conditions.
- RockShox Reverb Stealth seat post with 150mm of travel makes transitions from climb to descent a breeze.
- SRAM NX and GX 1x11 components makes for a reliable groupset.
- Race Face Aeffect crank complement the 1x system from SRAM with a 32T chainring.
- Shimano M506 hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear respectively, offers plenty of power without breaking the bank.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle is light and comfortable for long days of trail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Recluse carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Pike RC|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch Plus R|
|Stem||Intense 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Rock Shox Reverb Stealth with 150mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M506 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M506 Disc|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Aeffect 32T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace PF92|
|Hub (front)||Intense Tuned|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM NX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||DT Swiss M1900 Spline|
|Tires||Maxxis High Roller II 27.5 x 2.3|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.