Intense Spider Foundation Bike - Unisex
The ultimate device for fast riding, the Spider 275C is explosively fast and insanely light. The weight of the carbon frame is on par with many road bikes, but the real secret to its eagerness lies in the efficient link system that gives it compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect mind-bending acceleration and a stiff, responsive feel when mashing steep climbs. The Foundation Build adds a batch of reliable components to offer up a worry-free bike. SRAM NX shifters and GX rear-derailleur ensure the 1x11 shifting goes smoothly. SRAM guide R brakes keep things under control when the terrain is weird and unruly.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with alloy top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System allows for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 100x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Direct-mount front derailleur tab allows the use of a 2x system.
- RockShox Pike RC fork with 140mm of travel is tuneable and can be locked out.
- RockShox Monarch R Debonair rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- Tubeless ready 27.5in. Sun Ringle Helix Rims are laced on Intense Tuned hubs with DT Swiss Champion spokes.
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires are 2.35in. front, 2.25in. rear.
- RockShox Reverb Stealth seatpost with 125mm of travel.
- A mix of SRAM NX and GX components makes this 1x11 groupset crisp and reliable in all conditions.
- Race Face Aeffect crank is designed for agressive trail riding, with a XC crank weight.
- Shimano M506 hydraulic brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear respectively.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Intense Spider 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Pike RC|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch R Debonair|
|Stem||Intense 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Rock Shox Reverb Stealth with 125mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M506 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M506 Disc|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Aeffect 32T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace PF92|
|Hub (front)||Intense Tuned|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM NX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||Sun Helix TR25|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.25 / 2.35|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.