Intense 2017 Primer Foundation Bike - Unisex
A premium 29er, and in fact, one of the finest 29ers available anywhere in the world. Detailed and engineered for XC excellence, the Primer's hyperlight carbon frame and well-chosen Foundation Build components deliver a ride that's competent, flickable and fully race-ready. At its heart lies the innovative i-BOX Pivot system for climbing efficiency and trail management. The Rockshox Pike RC suspension combined with the 29er wheels offers a smoother feeling ride than you'd get on a smaller wheeled bike. For the drivetrain, you get nothing but efficient, reliable SRAM 1x11 components to move smoothly from long, steep climbs to fast and flowy descents. A RockShox Reverb Stealth seatpost drops out of the way when things get rowdy and pops back up when you need to start churning.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with alloy top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Direct-mount front derailleur tab allows the use of a 2x system.
- RockShox Pike RC is tuneable and can be locked out.
- RockShox Monarch R Debonair rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- Tubeless ready Sun Helix rims are laced on Intense Tuned hubs.
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires offers good grip and low rolling resistance in a variety of conditions.
- RockShox Reverb Stealth seatpost with 125mm of travel.
- 1x11 SRAM NX and GX components makes for a reliable and efficient groupset.
- RaceFace Aeffect crank is high-strength 6066 aluminum, paired with a 32T ring.
- Shimano M506 hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm in the front and rear.
- Intense stem and bars point your wheel down the trail.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle is trail ready.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Primer 29 carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Pike RC|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch R Debonair|
|Stem||Intense 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Rock Shox Reverb Stealth with 125mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M506 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M506 Disc|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Aeffect 32T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace PF92|
|Hub (front)||Intense Tuned|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM NX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||Sun Helix TR25|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29 x 2.25 / 2.35|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.