A fully featured backpacking tent for those who want comfort and space and are not 100% focussed on having the lowest possible weight. Lots of interior room thanks to a bigger than average footprint, and a pole structure that creates very tall, vertical walls. Big doors and big vestibules, one converts to an awning, add liveable feature. The Tufly SL2 is also designed in collaboration with female athletes, with partial proceeds going to SheJumps, a non-profit that seeks to increase participation of women and girls in outdoor activities.
- Polyester mesh panels in the tent body provide venting and visibility while ripstop nylon panels provide privacy.
- All seams are sealed with solvent-free polyurethane tape (contains no PVC or volatile organic compounds).
- 2 large vestibules provide gear storage and venting options. One unzips to double as an awning.
- Kickstand vents in the fly help reduce condensation.
- Symmetrical hub pole design maximizes interior space and is easy to pitch.
- 2 media pockets located above sleeping area have cord routing so you can stay plugged in to your phone or music player.
- Tons of mesh interior pockets keep you organized.
- Reflective webbing guypoints and guylines come precut and attached to the tent so it's ready to pitch right out of the bag.
- Includes 12 lightweight aluminum J stakes.
- Optional footprint available for floor protection or an ultralight configuration.
- Compatible with Big Agnes Trapezoid Gear Loft (available separately).
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||Polyester mesh|
|Floor fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Floor coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.09m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||1.1sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||1.1sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.