The Low Volume Scorpio is a stable and manoeuvrable boat, with plenty of speed for long-distance tours. The round chined, slightly V'ed hull and generous bow rocker offer stability in waves, but the shape is also efficient to paddle. The II version of this line has a re-profiled deck that adds comfort and connectivity when you're seated. The shape also makes it easier to store the P&H Kayak Sail System (not included) or to stash paddles. The rear of the cockpit rim and the volume behind is lowered to increase roll-ability and make re-entry easier in the event of a swim.
- Made of CoreLite X which blends the durability of plastic with the lightweight of composite boats.
- Comes with fore and aft cargo hatches, a day hatch, and a small hatch just in front of the cockpit for easy access at sea.
- Adjustable thigh grips and backband provides a comfortable fit for long days on the water.
- Full perimeter high strength deck lines and bungees provide storage and rescue options.
- Low profile back deck helps with rolling and re-entry.
- Drop-down skeg lets you select easy turning or hard tracking, as the sea and wind require.
- Low volume suits small to medium sized paddlers.
|Ideal for||Expedition kayak touring|
|Hull material||Three-layer roto-moulded plastic|
|Length||5.1m (16ft. 8in.)|
External cockpit dimensions
Dimensions of the cockpit, measured on the outside of the lip. The external measurement is useful when sizing sprayskirts.
|76 x 39cm (30 x 15.2in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.
|Made in||United Kingdom|