Ghost Andasol Trekking 5 Bicycle - Women's
The Andasol Trekking 5 is decked out with a rack, lights, on-board computer, fenders and a stand. With this electric bike you can bike to work more often, explore your city, ride to neighbouring towns and conquer fiendishly steep hills. Since about 1880, bikes have been pretty cool, now the battery power and speed available from e-bikes gives them a quantum leap forward. Ghost has years of experience and testing to back their urban/commuter e-bikes. This one uses a powerful Bosch motor, an elegant, well-balanced frame and high-wattage equipment. It's a fast, clean option that can reach speeds of 32k/h (without making you all sweaty). Start pedalling and the motor kicks in to assist, and you can adjust the amount of assist you want. SR Suntour fork has 63mm of travel to smooth out potholes and rough gravel. Schwalbe Marathon tires add comfort, and top-notch Shimano Deore and Deore XT shifters keep it rolling smoothly. Bottom line: a super-speedy ride, no spandex required.
- Aluminum frame offers strength, lightness and comfort at a reasonable cost.
- SR Suntour fork provides 63mm of travel to make gravel roads feel like asphalt.
- Bosch Performance Line Cruise drive unit provides assistance up to 32km/h.
- Bosch PowerPack 400 lithium-ion battery offers 400Wh of energy.
- Battery charges from 0 to 100% in only 3.5hours.
- Bosch Intuvia on-board computer displays info including gear shift recommendation.
- Remote control at your fingertips, whith display is centred on handlebars.
- 4 pedal-assist levels adjust for longer range or faster speed (you have to pedal to get power from the motor).
- Walk assistance mode makes pushing easier.
- Shimano Deore shifter and Deore XT 10-speed derailleur.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide confident stopping power in all conditions.
- Rodi rims are laced on Shimano hubs provides the durability and strength needed for ebikes.
- Schwalbe Marathon tires provides low rolling resistance and high durability.
- Ghost stem, handlebars, seatpost and saddle.
- Rear rack handles up to 25kg of groceries.
- AXA Blueline lights front and rear.
- SKS front and rear fenders.
- Sturdy bike stand.
- Distance on a charge varies by speed, assistance level, wind, hills, road surface, frequency of starting and stopping, gearing, weight carried and pedal cadence, expect somewhere between 25 and 150km.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Andasol Trekking aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour SF14-NEX LO|
|Stem||Ghost HL 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost Harmony LT2|
|Handlebars||Ghost Noirette 31.8mm|
|Drive unit||Bosch Performance Cruise|
|Battery||Bosch PowerPack 400|
|Assistance type||Pedal assist|
|Display Unit||Bosch Intuvia|
|Charge time||3.5 h|
|Max assisted speed||32km/h|
Watt-hours let you compare battery pack energy across bike brands, since they use different voltage and amp-hour measurements. Watt-hours = volts x amp-hours.
Range per charge
Varies depending on the terrain, wind, temperature, rolling resistance, weight on the bike and average speed.
|Drive unit power||250W|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M365 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M365 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Miranda Delta 18T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM35|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG50 10-speed 11-34T|
|Rims||Rodi Excalibur XC|
|Tires||Schwalbe Marathon 700 x 47|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.