Looking for a half/twin-rope that won't break the bank? Or maybe you just need a short-ish section of rope for glacier travel? The Starling fits the bill. It's light to carry and pack and won't crush your budget.
- Certified as a twin and half rope.
- Pro Dry finish provides durable water and dirt protection to UIAA standard.
- Thermo-shield treatment result in a great feel and handling characteristics.
- Bluesign® certified rope ensures that environmental impact is minimized.
- Sold by the meter.
- Specs shown are for use as a half rope.
- When used as a twin rope, the specs are as follows (based on tests with 2 strands): Dynamic elongation: 29% Static elongation: 9% Impact force: 10.2kN UIAA fall rating: 30
Dry ropes have a water-resistant treatment on both core and sheath. Dry (UIAA certified) ropes have both core and sheath treated, plus meet the UIAA Water Repellent standard by passing a stringent test where a soaked rope cannot absorb more than 5% of the rope's weight.
|Dry (UIAA certified)|
Maximum elongation in the first UIAA test fall, where a weight is attached to the rope and then dropped. Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
In controlled tests, a weight is suspended from the rope (not dropped). Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
The amount of force, in kN, that the first UIAA fall puts on the falling object. Less impact force puts less force on the climber, belayer, and protection during a fall.
|Halfway pattern change||No|
UIAA fall rating
Indicates the number of consecutive falls a rope withstood during testing in a controlled environment. The number is for reference only, and does not indicate the number of falls a rope will withstand during actual use or over its lifespan.