A stable, comfortable touring kayak for exploring lakes, rivers and oceans. The most versatile model in the Explorer line, the size is easy to store so it's convenient for day trips, yet it has all the features of a multi-day touring boat. There's room for overnight gear with 135L of combined storage space. The high, padded seat provides supportive comfort and the cockpit is oversized with adjustable thigh and foot braces to fit a wide variety of paddlers. The drop-down skeg helps keep your boat going straight through wind and waves.
- Shell is durable rotomolded plastic (the plastic can be recycled when your kayak's years of service are finally over).
- Wide and flat hull shape creates a very stable boat.
- Foam bulkheads improve buoyancy and provide 2 dry storage compartments.
- Sealed compartments use hinged hatches with twist camming locks for easy access.
- Adjustable thigh braces for comfortable, customizable seating position.
- Tall, padded backrest is adjustable forward and back.
- Foot braces distance is easily adjustable.
- Skeg can be dropped from the cockpit by releasing the locking mechanism.
- Rear skid plate can be replaced if it gets worn.
- Bungee cords on the deck help keep your essentials handy.
- Moulded carry handle.
- Non-stretch full perimeter lines are handy when practicing wet-exit and re-entry.
- Leftover plastic from production is turned into cradles used for shipping.
|Hull material||HDPE (High-density polyethylene)|
|Length||3.8m (12ft. 6in.)|
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
|Internal cockpit dimensions||85 x 46cm (33.6 x 18.1in.)|
External cockpit dimensions
Dimensions of the cockpit, measured on the outside of the lip. The external measurement is useful when sizing sprayskirts.
|92 x 53cm (36.3 x 21in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.