A livable mountaineering tent with a strong, wind-stable structure to shelter you from big-mountain conditions. With a big hooped vestibule, there's room to build a kitchen or storage pod. Its long, wide footprint provides interior room so you can change, sleep comfortably and hunker down if the weather closes in. The poles use a composite material that's strong and flexible, with a frame design that balances interior space with ability to shed snow and stand up to thumping gusts of wind.
- Sturdy ripstop polyester fly and ripstop nylon floor have long-lasting DuraShield polyurethane coatings for waterproofness.
- Easton Syclone poles are made of multi-directionally wrapped aerospace grade S-Glass composite that's 80% more resistant to breaking and bending than aluminum.
- Unique central support frame optimizes interior space and resists snow loads.
- 2 doors and 2 large vestibules to store your gear.
- Closeable mesh panels let you adjust the ventilation.
- Lots of guy points help you rig it for gusty winds.
- Interior gear loops let you create a clothesline to dry gear.
- Compatible with the MSR Universal 3 Large footprint (sold separately).
|Ideal for||Winter and expedition camping|
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||Polyester no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||68-denier polyester ripstop|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.12m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||1.62sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||2.04sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.
|Additional feature(s)||Footprint sold separately|