A huge, bombproof shelter for high-altitude base camps and big mountain expeditions. With 108 square feet of interior space and head height of 7 feet, there's room for everyone to meet, eat and plan a summit push. 8 people can comfortably crash and store their mounds of expedition gear. Add the optional gear shed vestibule to create an extra room for supplies or up to 4 more people. The strong, single-wall structure is built to resist winds and snow loads, at at under 28kg it should qualify as checked bagged on most airlines.
- 150-denier polyester fly, 68-denier polyester floor. Both have a durable ether-type polyurethane coating and a DWR finish that breaks down slower than conventional coatings.
- Strong crossed pole structure is made of 7000-series aluminum and stands up to high winds and snow loading.
- Reinforced guy-points for security in rough conditions.
- Doors have closeable mesh windows, and doors can be removed for ventilation or gear loading.
- Clear side windows let you keep a weather eye on the horizon.
- Removable bottom panel makes it floorless so you can dig down to create headroom or use for a kitchen and not worry about spills.
- Large interior pockets store bulky items like down parkas.
- Packed weight and size meet the checked baggage regulations of most international airlines.
- Optional vestibule (sold separately) adds additional storage or sleeping space.
- Stakes and guylines not included, choose your own to suit the expected conditions.
|Ideal for||Winter and expedition camping|
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Floor fabric||68-denier polyester|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||150-denier polyester|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||2m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.
|Additional feature(s)||Interior pocket(s)|